A Sunset Snack

Just before sunset this evening, the lighting outside was especially lovely so I thought I’d throw out a handful of fresh seed and see if any birds showed up.

Apparently, several found the idea of a sunset snack rather appealing because they started showing up before I could even grab my camera. Here are a few I managed to snap shots of.

Eastern Bluebird

Downy Woodpecker

Red-breasted Nuthatch

Pine Warbler

American Robin

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Ah, I am so glad that the days of winter are coming to a close and that the lighter, brighter days of spring are hinting at their arrival.

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to A Sunset Snack

1. lindasschaub says:

They are all so lovely – didn’t know that Robins liked the Bark Butter or did you stick a few mealworms in there for him? I hope they remembered to brush their teeth, er … beak. These are such beautiful pictures Kathy – have you ever submitted any of them to “Birds and Blooms”? I got the magazine for years and now I follow them on Facebook and your pictures should be featured there.

Robins do like Bark Butter – eating it and guarding it!
      I did submit a photo once several years ago (of a mockingbird singing in the rain) and it got published in Birds and Blooms, but I find I just like sharing them with the hopes that seeing beauty makes folks smile. 🙂

• lindasschaub says:

That is exciting Kathy … I really enjoy seeing your backyard birds and am happy I discovered your site. Our cardinals and jays are here all Winter and the robins and red-winged blackbirds are now here as well. I didn’t realize robins liked bark butter – I laugh how they guard their food. I feed the squirrels at the park and they are quite possessive about their peanuts – they make me smile.

2. Nova says:

How awesome! What a variety 🙂

I love that warbler! I’m ready for Spring too!

4. Mags says:

Great photos of all those beauties. Hugs

5. SW says:

Wow you’re photography is just amazing! Beautiful shots! And I’m so glad to see spring on its way too!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )