More Like His Mama

The Rose-breasted Grosbeak is one of my favorite migrators.  I typically only see them for a few days  each spring and fall, so I  was thrilled when this young male stopped by for a visit.

He perched high in the tree tops, enjoying the remnants of a dogwood berry.

Right now, he looks more like his Mama, as you can tell from the photo of a female below…

…but before long he will be the spitting image of his Dad, boasting the bold red, black and white as this guy.

You can already see a hint of his rose breast emerging.

I kept hoping he would come closer, but he seemed content with the place he had chosen to perch.

Ah well, even though he kept his distance, it was still nice to enjoy his company and admire his beauty.

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to More Like His Mama

1. zeckrombryan says:

Awesome skills and pictures, praise to your efforts in taking those shots. Hope to see more from you. Have hope, write on!

2. H.J. for avian101 says:

Great shots Kathy! A few years back I had one in my backyard and I didn’t have a chance to photograph him. Chucks! 🙂

3. lindasschaub says:

Very beautiful shots – wish we had the Rose-breasted Grosbeaks here in Michigan – maybe I’m just missing them.

What a beauty he is!! Wow!! Love the touch of red on his breast and the patterns of his feathers. I think Grosbeaks are one of the most beautiful birds! ❤️ Thanks Kathy for sharing your talents!

Beautiful images of a very pretty bird, Kathy!

6. Mags says:

Amazing photos. The Grosbeaks are to me the most interesting and one of my favorites of all birds. What beautiful birds they are. Thank you so much for sharing these photos I have not seen any Grosbeaks this year.

7. Excellent photos. What beautiful birds.

8. Pingback: 🕊Blog Spotlight 💚 Saturday – My Namastè 365 Online

9. Thank you for introducing me to a beauty!

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )