2015 Backyard Bird Calendar

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Do you have any New Year’s Day traditions?

For me, the first of the year usually involves paper products. I am one of those people who finds pleasure in setting up my planner, rearranging my book bag, and hanging my new wall calendar.

And speaking of calendars, (how did you like that segue?) mine for 2015 is filled with bird pictures that I have taken over the last twelve months. I actually had it made to give to a few folks for Christmas and kept one for myself.

I thought it would be fun (for me anyway) to share which pictures were included in this year’s edition.

January - Blue Jay

October - Red-bellied Woodpecker

October – Red-bellied Woodpecker

November - Ruby-crowned Kinglet

November – Ruby-crowned Kinglet

December - Cedar Waxwings

December – Cedar Waxwings

By the way, I use mpix.com for my photo printing. Β I highly recommend them!

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to 2015 Backyard Bird Calendar

1. Bill Peterson says:

Thank you for pictures all year long! Happy New Year!

2. Wow these are wonderful! I envy the lucky folks who received a birdy calendar πŸ™‚
    I think it’s a creative and beautiful gift that everyone would love.
    Hmm, maybe someday I’ll try to make a calendar of animal photos…maybe!
    Looking forward to another great year with you.

3. Carmen says:

Happy New Year! I love my calendar! The pics are terrific!

4. Sue says:

Great idea! I made calendars of the African animals this year, but I’ll try this next year. I love that Blue Jay face! But they are all terrific.

5. kathydoremus says:

Now I am expecting a post on which African animals made it to the pages of your calendar!

6. avian101 says:

Nice pictures for a calendar! πŸ™‚

Great choice of pics, interesting and beautiful selection Kathy!

8. Love your bird photo line up! Very nice.

Alan

9. What a marvelous and personal gift for others!~ Beautiful πŸ˜‰

10. I have six sisters and we gather once a year for a sister’s weekend. We always exchange gifts, so this year I did calendars for my sisters (and myself) using my own photos and Shutterfly. It was a fun project and I put multiple photos on each month. Also, it was a big job because I am from such a big family and I put everyone’s birthdays and anniversaries on each month! But I had fun doing it and my sisters loved it. Your photos are fabulous and your selections for each month are perfect!

11. What a wonderful idea and collection of images. The Eastern Bluebird babies image is so lovely. Happy New Year Kathy!

12. Stunning. Each and everyone of them. I have been so busy with portrait photography the past several months that I’ve barely thought about getting out and snapping some shots of my front yard friends. You’ve inspired me to get back to it.

13. kathydoremus says:

Yay! How nice to hear from you. Have missed connecting with you in the blogging world. And you definitely need to take a bit of time and get outside with that camera. Hope 2015 is blessed in every way.