Batches of Hatches

My backyard has been swarming with oodles of White-breasted Nuthatches. Β Only, instead of oodles let’s say batches, because “batches of hatches” rhymes and rhyming is fun!

Here is a gallery of these gallant guests. πŸ™‚

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

34 Responses to Batches of Hatches

1. Amazing photographs. Loved looking at them. I live in the middle of a city where the houses are close together and don’t get many birds in the garden.

2. Sheila Moss says:

Critters know where to come for the goodies, don’t they?

Same here they are busy little birds! Great captures!!

4. Mary says:

These are one of my favourite birds – just the fact that they are upside down so much is fun to watch. They know a great smorgasbord when they see one!

5. Terrific photos of animated little birds.

6. You should be a professional bird photographer. Your stuff is every bit as good as anything I see in magazines or elsewhere. Phenomenal, Kathy, just truly great!!

7. These are my favourite little birds. I love their upside down antics. I’m going to have to offer more of a smorgasbord, now that I see how much they love it. Wonderful images Kathy!

8. kathydoremus says:

Antics…another good word to use these with birds! They seem so chipper and cheerful that you can’t help but love them.

Wow! I really like these photos! πŸ’œ I especially like the last one and the angle of your photo. It helps me to understand the way their feathers lay. πŸŽ¨πŸ‘

10. vibhash says:

wow amazing photography ,its great πŸ™‚

11. Trail Walker says:

That’s a lot of nutty hatches. Fun birds to watch all of them! I see a lot of them too, but I keep hoping to see some redbreasted nuthatches too, and they haven’t visited in a long time.

12. I may start a business called “Drawing Kathy’s Birds”. LOL I may start a new routine drawing one of your birds each morning. I sound like a broken record, I know, but had to come in and tell you. And LOVE the title to this one btw. ❀

13. Awesome series, Kathy! Don’t you just love how they hang upside-down so easily and twist their head to look around?!! πŸ™‚

Lovely gallery, Kathy! They seem to be a very lively bunch.