Backyard Beauties

As I was sorting through recent pictures (I try so hard to stay on top of this task, but alas, I enjoy taking the photos much more than I enjoy organizing them!)  I came across these backyard beauties who were quite proficient posers.  They were practically begging to be shared!

sparrow

Chipping Sparrow

titmouse

Tufted Titmouse

cardinal

Northern Cardinal

downy

Downy Woodpecker

jay

Blue Jay

chickadee

Carolina Chickadee

warbler

Pine Warbler

I always feel better about filing them away if they have been seen by eyes other than my own. 🙂

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Backyard Beauties

1. Loved this post! Do you think you could follow me back as I’m so close to reaching my goal of 500! Thanks so much 😘

Love the facial expressions on each of the birds Kathy

3. They are very beautiful (and expressive) indeed!

4. Ann Fitzpatrick says:

All great photos! Thank you so much for sharing them!

5. Trail Walker says:

Wonderful posing by your backyard beauties. I also am visited by these birds, except for the pine warbler. It may be that I am too far north to see him at this time of year.

those are some amazing poses!!!! The second one really caught my eye especially 🙂

7. Sheila Moss says:

Love your bird pics. I saw a robin this week. It is way too early. I hope he brought his ear muffs. It’s January, not spring yet. Crazy weather this year.

8. Great captures, Kathy, indeed worth sharing with us before filing! My favorite is the Tufted Titmouse with the sparkle in his eye. They all do love posing for you so nicely. Of course! You’re their favorite gal!

9. I love your beauties!

10. Another batch of beauties.

I am in the same boat…much more fun to click than pick 🙂 These portraits are truly beautiful!

12. I love your blog! I’m a huge fan of birds in general but absolutely love to stalk my bird feeder and use my birding book to figure out who the new visitors are. Song birds are my favorite and your pics are really great and informative. Thanks!