Seeing Red

I’m definitely seeing red lately…red feathers anyway!
The Cardinals are out in full force this year.

This lovely female stopped by the other day.  She was shy, but still curious.

I love her sweet subdued beauty.

I think she would have stayed longer, but a rather brash male swooped in and commandeered the branch.  I hate to break it to him, but I don’t think she was all that impressed!

I have to admit though, he is rather handsome!

Cardinals are one of those birds that everyone seems to love. I think because they are such frequent visitors I forget how stunning they are.  I kind of wish I could go back and see one again for the first time.

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Seeing Red

1. 1nmbirder says:

Cardinals are awesome! So Beautiful! It’s easy to love the flamboyant birds with their bright color and loud song. You captured some lovely photos. We don’t see them often in New Mexico except in very few places. Though there is a male that has been wintering here off and on the last few years.

2. avian101 says:

Beautiful! Thanks Kathy! 🙂

beautiful shots – and you are right – wouldn’t it be wonderful to go back to that place/time when we first saw one!

4. DailyMusings says:

such wonderful captures- especially that 2nd one!!!

Absolutely stunning shots of this beautiful couple!

She is a beauty – and he is handsome! I look forward to the day when I see my first one in real life! ❤️ For now, I will enjoy your beautiful photos!! 😍

7. jmnowak says:

Oh, Kathy, I don’t know what you’ve done in processing, but the top two simply glow and look like gorgeous paintings. Stunning. And, yes, Mr Cardinal is handsome too.

8. Jeanette says:

I think everyone loves them, not only for their beauty, but because they must be one of the easiest birds in the world to identify!

Love the colours Kathie, you have caught them well.

10. Sharon Mann says:

What a lovely pair! Thank you for this gift today.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )