Sandwiched Between Showers

We have had an extremely rainy start to the spring season, with this morning being no exception.ย  So, when there seemed to be a brief reprieve, I took advantage of the time between the showers to snap a few shots.

There wasn’t a ton of activity, but here are a couple of birds that stopped by.

White-breasted Nuthatch

Northern Cardinal

And here are a couple more.

Pine Warbler

Carolina Wren

I saved my favorite photo for last. ๐Ÿ™‚

Here’s hoping for sunny skies soon…or even overcast skies…or puffy white clouded skies…
You get the idea!

Wife, mother, daughter, and friend. One who dabbles in writing, thinks in rhyme, and is utterly unable to escape the allure of alliteration:) Amateur nature photographer. A backyard bird watcher, a hiker of non-strenuous trails to waterfalls, and a fan of Atlanta sports teams. Driver of an orange Jeep Renegade who goes by the name of Earl. One who is nourished by silence, solitude, and a good cup of coffee. A lover of Godโ€™s Word and the riches that are hidden there. An extremely ordinary jar of clay who longs to see and be satisfied by the glory of God, and to somehow display that in my everyday life.
This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Sandwiched Between Showers

1. Mags says:

Beautiful captures. Those little wrens do love their mealworms don’t they?

that last one is especially cute! At least you aren’t getting snow into late April like us! Spring seems to have finally arrived last Friday with 60s and 70s and sunshine all weekend and today!

Hey Kathie, send some of that rain over our way as we are in drought, we could easily trade๐Ÿ˜Š

4. Keira says:

WOOOW such beautiful shots you always take! I’m wondering, could you show us your set up at some point? I was thinking of hanging some sort of branch with a little food dish out of my window so I could take photos of the birds that come by! Your work is so inspiring

5. lindasschaub says:

These are great shots and I love the last one as well – really enjoying that mealworm! ๐Ÿ™‚

They have such perky personalities!

• lindasschaub says:

I know!! I love watching birds and had pet birds through the years as well – people don’t give birds the credit they are due and they are all interesting personalities. Can’t you just picture a thought bubble over his head as he’s holding that prize treat that looks almost 1/3 his size … “this mealworm is mine … all mine!” ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Ellen says:

Benjamin is having a sleepover with me tonight and we came to visit just before bedtime. The Carolina Wren with the “bedtime snack” is his favorite. You certainly have many different birds visit your feeders. I like the Pine Warbler’s coloration, this a bird that I have never seen before. Beautiful photos, each and every one. Thank-you x 2!!

7. DailyMusings says:

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! and especially the last! ๐Ÿ˜€

8. Maggie says:

Such wonderful photos… you took great advantage between the rain showers… I miss the Cardinals since I moved to the west…

Frost on our lawn in the morning here. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Yet the weather man is predicting 70โ€™s this week! Love your photos, Kathy! โค๏ธ

10. Emma Cownie says:

The wren and the grub is an absolute gem of a picture. I also love the cardinal as we don’t have them in the UK.