The Breakfast Of Champions

Brown Thrasher grabbing a bit of grub.

Brown Thrasher grabbing a bit of grub.

This entry was posted in Birds Without Words and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Breakfast Of Champions

1. avian101 says:

Great photo! 🙂

2. roughrustics says:

Great shot! I just posted today that our brown thrasher’s eggs have hatched, and checking new posts, I saw yours on the same bird species!

Your pictures are much better than mine. :-). I had a hard time getting a decent shot of the chicks with Mama causing a ruckus near my head.

How amazing Kathy, when I saw your heading for this post I thought it was another email from the men’s group in our church advertising their breakfast next month, as I just received it before yours and it is titled the same! I only hope they don’t serve grubs there, though I will be in London when it is on:-)

4. atkokosplace says:

Gorgeous shot! What a beauty! The early bird gets the worm! 🙂

5. kathydoremus says:

Indeed! This fellow has been feasting in my front lawn.

6. Great shot, will post a photo of prinia soon from south africa, except for size they look a lot alike.

7. Love it! (and was the “grub”/grub pun intentional? 😉 )

8. Sue says:

what a great shot, Kathy! They are such secretive birds around here — I don’t think I have ever gotten a clean (no branches covering the face) shot.