Cookie Baking And Picture Taking

It was cold and a bit blustery today – perfect weather for cookie baking and picture taking!

My daughter and I spent the morning making Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Chunk cookies, which filled the house with a mouth-watering, happiness-inducing aroma.

cookies2

Later on, I bundled up and went outside to replenish the backyard feeders.  Now, some might beg to differ, but it really is invigorating to take pictures when you can’t feel your nose or your toes!

This Red-bellied Woodpecker watched from the edge of the yard and then swooped in to help himself to some Bark Butter.

redbellied3

redbellied1

A male Bluebird stopped in for a bite to eat, his feathers giving evidence of the brisk breeze, and then flew off to a sunny branch to soak in the sunshine.

bluebird1

bluebird2

Meanwhile, a female Bluebird patrolled the deck rail in search of mealworms, and was not disappointed.

bluebird4

bluebird3

A crew of mostly monochrome birds dropped in…

nuthatch

White-breasted Nuthatch

downy

Downy Woodpecker

chickadee

Carolina Chickadee

…as did a more colorful cast of characters.

cardinal

Northern Cardinal (male)

bluejay

Blue Jay

warbler1

Pine Warbler

A thoroughly enjoyable day.  And now it’s time for Santino’s pizza and an episode of Elementary.  Life is good!

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Cookie Baking And Picture Taking

1. vsperry says:

I want a chocolate chunk cookie and I want to know what bark butter is. Please.

2. kathydoremus says:

Well….the chocolate chunk cookies did turn out delightful. And Bark Butter is a suet type spread that can be bought at Wild Birds Unlimited. It attracts a lot of different birds. Thanks for stopping by. 🙂

3. Oh, Kathy, thank you so much for more wonderful closeups! Bless your bones, lady! I’ve not heard of “Elementary”, but if you like it, I have a feeling I might also. Is it a current show or a DVD of something from the past?

Get thyself on Amazon and order season one of Elementary! (I have season 2 on my Christmas list) It is a current tv show, but has such good character development and witty dialogue that I am addicted. I don’t watch much tv other than sports and the food network, but this one is a must see. 🙂

• And don’t forget Benedict Cumberbatch’s ‘Sherlock’ 🙂 (special coming up on New Years’ Day here – hooray!)

Yay for birds and cookies and Tom’s spent with your daughter. 😊

Time not Tom’s ugh need coffee

6. Birds of all kinds of colors – so beautiful!!! And you´re cookies look so yummie, I wish I was there to get some!!! 😉

7. Awesome captures and variety, your backyard visitors were probably smelling the sweet aroma of cookies wafting from your kitchen! Daughter and I just completed two full days of our annual holiday cookie-baking. Good times! And sore feet, lol. Glad to hear you and your daughter do the same. 🙂

Your birds are so beautiful!! And the cookies…make me want to bake tomorrow. I can smell the happiness 🙂

9. I am out of chocolate chips or chunks but I suddenly have a hankering to make a batch of some Blueberry/Orange Muffins right now…. blame it on your bluebirds! 😉