Coincidence? I Think Not!

I was standing on the deck yesterday, snapping picture after picture, when I saw a handsome Downy in a nearby Dogwood.  I thought to myself, “Perhaps he will land on the end of the branch I have attached to the deck.” So, I focused my camera where I was hoping he would show up.  No sooner had I done so, than an Eastern Phoebe landed in that very spot!

phoebe1

Now, Phoebes are common in the area, but not in my backyard.  They tend to hang out near the pond in my neighborhood, where they can enjoy a plentiful supply of insects.

This beautiful bird stayed all of about 5 seconds, long enough for me to fire off two shots, and then flew away.  The pictures look quite similar, but I’m posting them both because I was so excited to have one visit up close and in person!

phoebe2

Now some might call it a coincidence that the Phoebe landed right where I was focusing, but I say it was simply my Father blessing me in a way He knew would make me smile. He loves me, you know. 🙂

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Coincidence? I Think Not!

Awh! what a beauty – and how blessed were you!?! 🙂

Thanks sharing your blessing with us, Kathy! And what a beautiful bird! 🙂

Amen Kathy! He does gives us lovely gifts, and likes to surprise us:-)

4. Squid says:

I don’t believe that that was coincidence at all! I’ve had that happen when birding too, where just on a whim I follow a common Palm Warbler or something, and God sends a Yellow-Bellied Sapsucker! He is quite amazing, and his love knows no bounds! What a God we serve! May many more blessings fly your way!
    Squid

5. Denis1950 says:

Great shots. We have a little bird very similar to this in SE Australia called the Brown Thornbill.

What a lovely name for a delicate little bird!

7. Katie Doremus says:

I am so glad you got a photo of a phoebe! I can’t wait to paint it! Love you mom. 🙂

8. So gorgeous, Kathy, and what a lovely surprise He sent your way. I love this post! The cherry on top is that comment from your daughter. Heart=full. Thank you. 💜

9. Yes He does, Kathy! Stunning capture and visit, how can you not smile with such wonderful backyard gifts?!!! What is great too is your gifts become our gifts and smiles too. 🙂