A Tale Of Two Cameras

A powershot on sterioids…that’s what I call my Canon SX50HS, which is usually the camera that I use to take pictures for this blog.  It works great for getting bird photos because it has a ton of ZOOM.  And yes, the capital letters are so you know I am not exaggerating!

My second camera is a Canon T3i Rebel, which sadly does not get nearly the use that it deserves.  Yesterday, I was feeling sorry for this lovely picture taking device and decided to give it a chance to be “bird camera for a day.”  Here are several photos courtesy of camera number two.

cardinal

Northern Cardinal – female

thrasher

Brown Thrasher

bluejay

Blue Jay

mockingbird

Northern Mockingbird

redwingblackbird

Red-winged Blackbird

sparrow

Chipping Sparrow

warbler

Yellow-rumped Warbler

Although I had to do a lot of cropping (it only has lowercase zoom) it did a better job than I thought.  I think the last picture is my favorite.

I probably will stick with the Powershot for most of my bird pictures, but I am determined to get the Rebel out more often.  No camera should stay tucked away in a case!

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to A Tale Of Two Cameras

🙂 They are all beautiful! Such lovely friends you have visiting your backyard!

2. They really are terrific still, Kathy. I like the last one best too *sisters*

Really good clear shots Kathy!

4. avian101 says:

Great captures Kathy! 🙂

5. Snehal Kank says:

Nice click! I love each and every photo you captures ☺️👌🏼👌🏼👌🏼

6. Sheila Moss says:

Love your pictures of our feathered friends.

7. That little Rebel did a good job, I’d say.

8. Sue says:

These are great. I have the same camera and love it. It’s really all about the lenses, anyway. What you do so well on your photos is to isolate the bird from the background, so that there are no ugly sticks interfering with the bird!

9. They all look good to me. Clear and sharp. I do like the warbler.

It did a great job, Kathy! I will need to give my other Canon a shot as well in due time when I have invested in a better zoom, but I’m afraid it will never be as “usable” and light as the HS50 … I can’t pick a favorite here, they are all very good!

I have the Rebel too. I need to learn how to use it better. My hubby got me a tripod for my birthday. Your photos are AMAZING! 😜🐦👍

12. Fantastic captures, Kathy, all of them!

13. Love the blue jay picture.