Dart, Dash, And Dive

While hanging out with the Heron at the Chattahoochee River yesterday, the place was abuzz with dragonflies.  I have to confess, before picking up a camera a couple of years ago, I found these creatures to be a bit disconcerting.  The way they would dart and dash and dive made me think of them as overgrown bees; but now that they have become fodder for photography, I find them fascinating!

Here is one fellow that briefly paused to pose.

df1

df3

Isn’t that face the absolute definition of bug-eyed!

This entry was posted in Beyond the Backyard and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Dart, Dash, And Dive

YAY! You got photos of dragonflies!! 😃😊😍 I like your photos much better! My dragonfly landed on my knee so you see my wrinkled skin. Lol! 😉

I didn’t get a ton of time with them since I had been hanging out with the Heron. I want to go back and try and get some more shots. They are so cool!

2. Sheila Moss says:

Very graceful critter. You captured it well. I’ve noticed that dragonflies seem to frequently be the inspiration for jewelry, like pins. So apparently a lot of people find them interesting.

OMG Kath! These photos belong in National Geographic! Bravo! I don’t ever recall seeing such detail as this!!! 🙂

4. jmnowak says:

He’s a handsome fella…

5. Some very nice photos! Love those big green eyes!

6. Seriously. Your work is amazing, Kathy. These things used to creep me the heck out; I’ll have to try looking at them differently now. 😉

7. Trail Walker says:

Wonderful pictures! Love the phrase “fodder for photography.” Your love of alliteration is showing!

I am addicted to alliteration and half the time have to go back and do some un-alliterating to make my posts more palatable for others!

8. I can chase these fellas all day and not get a decent close-up. Great steady hands!