Far too Flitty to Focus

While I was outside, snapping a few pictures of flowers between showers…

this Hummingbird Moth showed up.

These are extremely cool creatures, that have a bee like body with hummingbird mannerisms.

They are far too flitty to get in clear focus, but too fascinating not to share!

I hope he keeps showing up and enjoying the blossoms.

Wife, mother, daughter, and friend. One who dabbles in writing, thinks in rhyme, and is utterly unable to escape the allure of alliteration:) Amateur nature photographer. A backyard bird watcher, a hiker of non-strenuous trails to waterfalls, and a fan of Atlanta sports teams. Driver of an orange Jeep Renegade who goes by the name of Earl. One who is nourished by silence, solitude, and a good cup of coffee. A lover of Godโ€™s Word and the riches that are hidden there. An extremely ordinary jar of clay who longs to see and be satisfied by the glory of God, and to somehow display that in my everyday life.
This entry was posted in Words Without Birds and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Far too Flitty to Focus

1. Those are so cool! I wish I could see them more often.

2. Carol says:

Wow, these photos are something special! Happy weekend!

3. lulu says:

As busy as a hummingbird is, you got a pretty good shot.

Bummer for some reason the photos aren’t showing u

Oh they came through. Just took a while for some reason. Lovely!

Terrific shots, Kathy!

7. I’ve never seen one of these little ones.

Last year was my first time seeing one. They have probably been around and I just failed to notice them without a camera in hand…you do see things differently with a lens. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow! Amazing Kathy! Such a fascinating moth – love the patterns on its wings and the fuzziness of its body. And your flowers are stunning too! ๐Ÿ๐ŸŒท๐ŸŒผ