Look…Up In The Sky…

Look…up in the sky…it’s a bird…it’s a plane –
Well, of course it was a bird, but one I didn’t recognize.

As I was standing on the deck the other day, I kept seeing little flashes of lemon in the canopy of leaves overhead.  Finally, one these lovelies landed close enough for me to get a picture.

I wasn’t sure what kind of bird it was until I had a chance to pull out the ID book.  Turns out it is a Blue-headed Vireo – which is a first for me.

It was a shy and fidgety little fellow that didn’t stay close for long. It landed on the Dogwood branch, then got a quick drink from the fountain, and then returned to the tree-tops.

It’s always makes my day to get a first time photo. 🙂

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Look…Up In The Sky…

1. jmcheney says:

Maybe passing through on its way South. You made your Luck by providing a welcoming pit stop.

2. 1nmbirder says:

Congrats! Great pic!

3. Beautiful bird and amazing you were able to get such good captures!

4. Beautiful bird and wonderful photos.

Always nice when you find a new visitor to your garden, isn’t it, Kathy!?

6. memadtwo says:

We have those, but I never knew what they were. I was always thinking a finch. Thanks for the ID! (K)

7. What a treat!! Lovely photos of this special bird!

He is a beauty! ❤️ And I always like it when I find out their identity. 👍 I have never heard of this bird. 😊

You caught a beauty! The first picture is always very special ❤