Best Dressed Bird In The Whole Backyard

The White-breasted Nuthatch is a regular visitor in my backyard.  It is rare for me to walk outside and fail to see one of these birds hopping about, all decked out in his tux and tails.

nuthatch1

nuthatch2

Curious, and not the least bit shy, these Nuthatches never seem perturbed by my presence; on the contrary, they actually seem to enjoy the attention.  Perhaps that’s because they recognize the hand that feeds them!

nuthatch3

Really though – how can you help but smile when you see such a friendly, handsome face?

nuthatch5

If an award were given to the best dressed bird in the whole backyard, this fellow would surely win!

nuthatch4

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Best Dressed Bird In The Whole Backyard

1. neihtn2012 says:

We have a pair of nuthatches that behave just like yours, friendly, curious, not shy.

Love your photos! So clear and close-up – always a joy to see your posts, Kathy! 🙂

A very smart looking bird, well photographed Kathy!

So true. These little cuties never fly away when I step outside or near them. Great shots Kathy!

5. His suit is very decent, indeed!!! 😉 Beautiful pictures – as always!!!

6. Maybe he knows he’s posing for a wider audience. He is quite the ham for your lens. Wonderful shots; thank you for sharing them, Kathy. 💛

I am so thankful when they aren’t skittish and pause long enough for me to focus the camera! And he was quite the ham….sort of like that “I’m sexy and I know it” song!

7. Such pretty little birds!

He is photogenic 😊 great shots!

9. A veritable “feathered Cary Grant”! 🙂