Mocking Jay

I refilled the feeders (and branches) this morning, and then sat back to watch my very own Hunger Games.

The Mockingbird was the first to arrive, grabbing both food and beverage…

mockingbird1 mockingbird2

…with the Blue Jay was close behind, scarfing up his usual fare.

bluejay1 bluejay2

Several other cast members came to call as well.

titmouse

Tufted Titmouse

bluebird

Eastern Bluebird

warbler1

Yellow-rumped Warbler

The Red-bellied Woodpecker started off upside down…maybe no coffee yet?…

redbellied1

…and then switched to right side up.

redbellied2

It was a delightful way to start the weekend. Β And speaking of weekends, when it comes to yours being delightful, “May the odds be ever in your favor!”

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to Mocking Jay

1. Trail Walker says:

Super captures, Kathy. You must be feeding all the right stuff.

Looks like a happy group! πŸ˜„

delightful indeed! πŸ™‚ I swear that first one winked at me πŸ™‚

4. Your bluebirds are always my favorites. Must have that GA glow!

5. Snehal Kank says:

Beautiful photos Kathy! I like the description too 😍

I hope the rest of your weekend stays as beautifully bountiful as it started, Kathy!

Delightful captures Kathy.

8. Wonderful collection of amazing birds in your own back yard. So very beautiful every one of them.

9. All so lovely, especially the Blue Jays! I was trying to capture those today, haven’t checked yet but I’m not optimistic, lol.

10. discovering says:

These are so beautiful pictures!
    They’ve inspired me to try to paint them. Would you mind if I post my drawings/paintings of some of your pictures at my blog (https://doityourself88.wordpress.com/) ? (I would link them to these pictures).

11. Pingback: Some birds | discovering diy