A Seasonal Sparrow

One of the birds that winters here in our southern state of Georgia is the White-throated Sparrow.

I don’t get many pictures of him since he rarely visits the feeders, preferring to scavenge what falls to the ground below the deck; but on occasion I can snap a few shots as he hops around the fountain rocks or gets a drink.

I love the color tones and the lovely markings of this little fellow!

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to A Seasonal Sparrow

1. DailyMusings says:

one of my favorites- they leave me here in NJ to fly to you for winter!

2. Mary says:

The earth-colours of a sparrow are beautiful. This bird always reminds me of a Sunday School song we sang: God sees the little sparrow fall.

Such a pretty pattern and coloring on this Sparrow! πŸ‘πŸ’•

A true beauty!

5. They are cute little birds. We have some here in NC.

Sparrows are seen as pests here, however they are beautiful in their pattern and colour hues. Greater pests, the common myna, have driven them further south and west, and they are not as attractive.

Great-looking chap – I bet he is excellently camouflaged out in the wild!

8. Such a sweetheart! Here they are living mostly down-town around the coffeeshops where they can get a few crumbs. And they can get really cheeky and very courageous ☺️