My Favorite Fall Fidgeter

Yesterday was a perfect picture taking day – cold, slightly overcast, with the leaves still sporting a bit of autumn splash. And much to my delight, my favorite fall fidgeter showed up – the Ruby-crowned Kinglet.

Like many of my backyard birds, this fellow has an appetite for Bark Butter.

It can be a bit tricky to get an unblurry picture of him because his wings are constantly flitting, and when he lands he doesn’t linger.

He opted to keep his ruby crown tucked away on this visit, though you can see a hint of his read head feathers peeking through in some of the pictures.

I am hoping that now that he has discovered this backyard buffet, he will be a regular visitor and that he will eventually grant me a glimpse (and a photo) of his glorious crown.

He really is a cute little guy!

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to My Favorite Fall Fidgeter

1. Leona Walker says:

Thank you for sharing. The photos are beautiful

2. Wonderful photos Kathy. I particularly like his stance and the infusion of red in the second to last photo.

3. John says:

Beautiful pictures of the cute bird.

4. I love your photos with all the different poses!

5. jmcheney says:

I’d say each of these photos is quite wonderful. I’m looking forward eagerly to your capture of its ruby crown.

6. lindasschaub says:

All the pictures are great, but that second from the bottom showing off his red crown and looking at you is precious!

Several years ago I had one of these fellows take a bit of Bark Butter out of my hand. They are curious little fidgets!

• lindasschaub says:

That would be so sweet to see and have them do that. My friend lives in New York and has feeders to cater to various birds and she has chickadees frequent one feeder. They are so happy to see the seeds that they will perch on her hand as she fills the feeder, so she cups her hands with seeds and they just eat like that.

7. Mary says:

All lovely photos. What a beautiful bird.

Love that touch of red on his head! ❀️ Awesome photos!! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

9. Mags says:

A cute little bird and your photos are amazing. I love the ones with the wings up. You are a fantastic photographer.

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )