Panda Bird

My backyard is abounding with Chickadees these days.

chickadee1 chickadee2

To be sure, they come for the food, but they have been especially active at the water dishes.

chickadee4 chickadee3

With the weather getting just a bit brisker, these little black and white beauties occasionally puff up their feathers making them look like plump little Panda birds.

chickadee5

Chickadees are constant chatterers and, like most small birds, rarely sit still for long. ย One of the easiest places for me to capture a Kodak moment (although I guess I should say Canon moment)ย is when one drops in for a drink and perches on the edge of the dish.

chickadee7 chickadee8

Getting a picture where you can clearly see their shiny black eye can be a wee bit tricky, so I was pleased that some of these turned out.

chickadee9

They really are cuties!

Wife, mother, daughter, and friend. One who dabbles in writing, thinks in rhyme, and is utterly unable to escape the allure of alliteration:) Amateur nature photographer. A backyard bird watcher, a hiker of non-strenuous trails to waterfalls, and a fan of Atlanta sports teams. Driver of an orange Jeep Renegade who goes by the name of Earl. One who is nourished by silence, solitude, and a good cup of coffee. A lover of Godโ€™s Word and the riches that are hidden there. An extremely ordinary jar of clay who longs to see and be satisfied by the glory of God, and to somehow display that in my everyday life.
This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to Panda Bird

1. What a marvellous series! You have to love these little guys.

I love them. They are so fun and cute!

3. Mary says:

Chickadees are perhaps my favourite bird. They exude personality and their distinctive call when walking in the woods is delightful.

4. Oh and I’ve been looking for chickadee closeups! Thank you! ๐Ÿ’œ

5. Those little guys will put a smile on anyone’s face! ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Sheila Moss says:

I think they are enjoying not having as much competition at the feeder from the larger birds as they do in warmer weather.

7. Trail Walker says:

So true about capturing their little black eyes. The light has to be just right. Love these water bowl shots.

8. I love the chickadee’s chatter. Great eye-lit captures, Kathy!

9. Snehal Kank says:

Yeah they really are cuties! I know, very rarely they sit still for long, you’ve captured them beautifully ๐Ÿ˜

10. I love chickadees and you captured them so beautifully!

11. They are adorable and your photo’s are amazing, up-close and personal. Thanks for brightening up my days with your beautiful photography this year Kathy. Happy New Year to you and your family.
    Kath

12. asthaguptaa says:

Such wondrous beauties of nature! Even I just posted some lovely pics from me birding trip to the Nilgiris ๐Ÿ™‚