A Back-up Plan

My original plan for today had been to head back to Red Top Mountain so Tucker could romp in the lake, but my back decided to go into a bit of a spasm so I opted for a back-up plan instead.  I went out to the back deck and sat by back-side down in a rocking chair and waited to see which backyard birds would show up.

A Tufted Titmouse made an appearance, as did an American Goldfinch in its faded fall plumage.

A Downy Woodpecker and a Carolina Chickadee also dropped in.

My favorite visitor of the afternoon was this handsome male Pine Warbler.  Isn’t his coloring gorgeous?

All in all, not bad for a back-up plan. 🙂

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to A Back-up Plan

1. Mary says:

If I were a bird, I’d be coming to your house!

2. Dennis says:

Awesome bird photos 🙂

3. Such beautifully sharp photos!

4. I hope all these beautiful visitors made you feel better.

sorry to hear about your back! I sure know and understand that pain! At least you had some beautiful visitors! Hope you feel better soon!

6. pamkirst2014 says:

Kathy, I hope you’re feeling MUCH better soon! I thought you’d enjoy Rachel’s post; I am going to share yours with her, too:

Ah, I am so familiar with the back spasm part – hope you are doing better today! ❤️ Enjoyed your bird phots as always, Kathy! 😘💕

8. 1nmbirder says:

Beautiful pics! Great backup plan indeed! Love that pine warbler.

9. Aww I love the birdies you captured

A great back-up plan, Kathy. I hope you are feeling better.