The New Definition of Red

Some birds are so striking that you can’t help but pause and marvel; like this glorious male Cardinal, who should be the new definition of red!  At the very least, he should have a Crayola color named in his honor…perhaps Cardinal Crimson?

card1 card3

card2
I love it when he flares his crown feathers. 🙂

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to The New Definition of Red

1. I agree. He should have a crayon named after him! Beautiful.

2. Carol says:

So stunning – he almost glows! Wonderful photos!

3. Wow, he is really something, Kathy! Another awesomely close shot. I was up too late drawing bluebirds last night, can’t remember where I saw them?! 💙❤️💙

4. He is handsome! The red colours are brilliant ❤

5. AYR says:

Beautiful and yes they should.

6. Snehal Kank says:

Oh wow! back to my fav birdie! SO handsome he is! Love the contrast Green & Red!

What a stunning glow Kathy, beautiful pics:-)

This is the most gorgeous red cardinal I seen!!

9. Denis1950 says:

I would love to have a couple these feeding in my back yard.

They are so common here that I have to strive to not take them for granted. Sometimes I just pretend like I am seeing them again for the first time and I am amazed at their beauty.