Sunday Evening Post: 2nd Edition

This evening, as I sat sorting photos, I felt compelled to (once again) share a series of pictures that were taken over the past week that failed to find their way into posts.  I feel better filing them away knowing that someone else’s eyes besides my own have seen them.

So as not to be a blog hog, I’ll narrow it down to ten!

Eastern Bluebird

Blue Jay

Blue Jay

Gray Catbird

Gray Catbird

Brown Thrasher

Brown Thrasher

Thanks for letting me share.  I hope your week ahead abounds in blessings!

This entry was posted in Backyard Birds and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

25 Responses to Sunday Evening Post: 2nd Edition

1. roughrustics says:

They are all great shots! I particularly like the ones of the Downy Woodpecker and the Brown Thrasher.

Beautiful photos Kathy, it is always a great delight to see your pics!

3. Squidtea says:

Gorgeous! I love how there are so many fluffy feathers, and they are all perfectly in focus.

4. Mike says:

Terrific! Don’t hold back. Blog hog all you want. ☺

5. I agree with Mike. Hog away!!! Love the long legs on that bluebird!!! (Been drawing one of your horse images tonight.) Thanks for sharing your lovely work.

6. Simply…wonderful. Reminds me that all can be right with the world, even if for a few moments 🙂

7. Gorgeous, as always! 🙂

8. Another lovely set Kathy … In particular I love the striking colour of the red bellied woodpecker, brilliant.

9. Hey Kathy! I was really wondering how you get such great pics.
    Is it that your camera has REALLY good zoom? Or do you angle the camera to look through binoculars and then snap the picture? The zoom on my (crappy) camera is not very good, so I’ve been having trouble taking decent pics.
    Sorry to bother you bout the camera issue again 🙂

No bother at all! My camera does have a nice amount of zoom, but the birds are also often quite close. If you ever change cameras though, consider the Canon SX50HS…although I just read that Nikon has a new camera with 83x zoom.
      As for the camera through the binoculars trick…pretty sure it would take someone with a lot more coordination than I have. 🙂

10. Wow, they´re all beautiful! A lot of birds to draw! 😉 Thanks for sharing!

11. Great captures, all. It’s always nice to have other eyes besides our own appreciate the bird beauty!

12. ewallie96 says:

Love how sharp the bluebird photograph is!