A Very Berry Birthday

Yesterday was the 51st anniversary of the day I made my grand entrance into this wonderful world, and one of my presents was an overnight stay on the beautiful campus of Berry College, where I spent some time hiking with my daughter – who happens to also be a kindred spirit and a great friend.

I’m pretty sure someone must have alerted the residents that it was my birthday as a lovely bouquet of flowers was waiting on my cottage doorstep.  They must have been for me, right?

mums

A number of “deer” friends showed up to help me celebrate.

deer1

deer2

A barn cat, intent on capturing my daughter’s attention, took the time to wish me a “purrfect” day.

barncat

And these fellows said “hay”, and then warned me about too much horsing around.

horse

horses1

A humongous turtle gave me a Happy Birthday smile as he slowly swam closer to the shore.  Either that, or he was thinking about eating my feet.

turtle

And speaking of feet, you know I was decked out in my new “glass slippers.”

boot

I have to say, my favorite birthday greeting came from Mr. Mallard, who not only sang a little song, but gave his best effort at some sort of ballet performance.

mallard

I must say, it was definitely not a run of the mill birthday!

mill

This entry was posted in Beyond the Backyard and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

31 Responses to A Very Berry Birthday

1. avian101 says:

Happy Birthday Kathy! 🙂

Happy Birthday Kathy, how wonderful to have all creation giving thanks for you!, You are so blessed, and your Heavenly Father knows that is true, for each of us are ‘ precious in His sight.’
    What a great way to break your new boots in, and to have that special time with your daughter, that makes a really special Birthday:-)

Happy birthday you clever one! 😝. Love the photos and your fun story.

4. Happy Birthday, Kathy!!! Loved to read your wonderful birthday post!!! 😊🎂

5. Happy birthday, Kathy! and many many more!! 🙂

6. Happy Birthday! Glad you had a good day in such a beautiful place. The photos were magnificent! 🙂

7. Ann Fitzpatrick says:

Happy belated Birthday Kathy! I do enjoy the lovely photos you post!
    Ann Fitzpatrick

Happy Birthday Kathy! May there be many more, and may you spend them all in places as beautiful as this!

Happy belated birthday, Kathy! Glad your day was special, with all these great visitors. I love the ballet performance of the Mallard 🙂

10. memadtwo says:

Happy birthday and it looks like a happy day! (K)

11. Trail Walker says:

Happy, happy birthday and congrats on your clever post.

12. certainline says:

If there were a prize for the most puns in a single blog post, I’m sure you’d be wearing the crown! What a fun post, and a great birthday. Happy birthday from me too.

13. Happy happy birthday dear Kathy!
    And what a way to celebrate! It’s such a pleasure to know you, and here’s to another great year ahead 🙂
    Best,
    Takami

14. Squid says:

Happy birthday from a Squid, but I can’t think of any puns to go with it… Oh well, it seems like you had a wonderful day and I hope the rest of this new year goes just as splendidly! 🙂

HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY Kathy! 🎂🌈💖 Looks like you had a wonderful day! I enjoyed your humorous post! 😊😊😊